Glassblowing Experience Voucher
- Please book in advance to avoid disappointment.
- All of the items made at the time of your lesson can be collected from Monday onwards after the completion of any cold working or engraving that is required.
- The option to have your glassware posted to you for a small fee using a signed for courier is available.
Stuart Wiltshire Glass offers personal one to one glassblowing lessons and educational group workshops for individuals and groups.
At your glass blowing workshop Stuart will help you achieve your glass making goal. You will be fully assisted by Stuart when blowing and shaping the molten glass at 1120℃. You will be able to choose your own glass colours and design your unique studio glass to take home. There is a range of glassware that you can make depending on your chosen glass making class, alternative options maybe possible so do discuss this prior to the start of the class.
All workshop attendee's must wear sturdy flat footwear, it is advisable to wear a short sleeved tshirt or similar (not nylon) due to the temperature of the working environment and either shorts, jeans or trousers, long hair must be tied back for health and safety reasons. You may bring your own sunglasses, if you are a contact wearer do tell Stuart prior to the lesson starting.
1. Initial talk with Stuart about what you would like to achieve from the glassblowing workshop.
2. Choose your colours for your piece from an array of glass colours.
3. Glassblowing demonstration by Stuart and discussion regarding the furnace, glory hole, annealing oven and hand tools.
4. One to one tuition at the time of hand blowing your unique glassware, even if part of a group who will spectate.
5. Collect your glassware from the studio or opt to have it posted for a small fee.
Please be aware if you are at group workshops you understand that everyone takes their turn in learning glassblowing in the workshop, so some waiting can be expected, this allows the rest of the group to watch from the gallery to gain an insight into the different types of glassblowing techniques as not everyone will be making the same item, group sizes can vary from 2-8 attendees. It is possible for much larger groups to attend, please discuss this with us.
Individual time slots for glassblowing classes can be booked please telephone 01305 766037
Photographs are permitted.
Please note you will not be able to take your glass items away with you on the day as newly blown glass must cool slowly in the annealing oven for 24 hours.
Collection of items in person: Free on the next working day.
UK mainland delivery to include secure packaging from £7.50 (subject to change)
Overseas, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Scottish Highlands and Islands surrounding Scotland: Ask for a quotation
For more information on Stuart Wiltshire hot glass workshops do read the glassblowing frequently asked questions
Gift cards are delivered by email and contain instructions to redeem them at checkout.
Our gift cards have no additional processing fees.